Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java error at shutdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

When I shut down my computer with the latest JAVA I get a orderly shutdown until it looks like its ready to power down. I get a Windows error C:\programfiles\java\jre6\bin\jusched\.exe and if I do a END NOW the computer shuts down. If I ignore this, the computer wont finish the shutdown.
Its a Dell Dimension 4700, recent reinstall of XP pro. Scans with AVG 9 and Malware bytes free show nothing.
Its just a nuisance, but wouldnt mind a fix if its not a huge deal. A google didnt come up with anything much. I have a sneaking suspicion some program I have may be tied to this. But clueless as to find out which one, and how to deal with it.
Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:01 PM

An explanation of the file, http://www.file.net/process/jusched.exe.html.

In the proper location and reflecting the correct file size...this file is just an update mechanism for Java.

I have it installed on my system, in the appropriate folder.

The file can be removed or disabled or ignored. I ignore mine, preferring to be notified of any updates to Java installed...since updates are issued to thwart known system vulnerabilities that have been exploited by malware idiots.

You can Google for more info if you want to disable, etc.

There's probably a pointer at startup to run this...that can be disabled, if desired. A good tool for managing all startup items is AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx. The startup items appear on the Logon tab.

Louis

#3 rosiesdad

rosiesdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:15 PM

Ham, that program is a nice tool. I found my little gremlin, unchecked it and problem went away. Thanks for the help. I will try to mark this solved.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users