Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Soft keeps coming back!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XanatosNemos

XanatosNemos

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:27 AM

I had windows antivirus, then antivirus soft, now soft again!, Even after I follow the bleepingcomputers guides to remove these things, they come back a few days later? I've never had issues like this before until I recently had a hard drive go bad and had to replace it. Now I have all of this and even my AVG free antivirus and the free malwarebytes thing isn't keeping it from coming back, how am I getting this virus, and what can I do to keep it from happening again without having to spend money?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

Hello,

I suspect that there were remnants of the infections after following the removal guides. This can happen - new variants, other malware that came along for the ride.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

As long as you can create some of the requested logs, please create the new topic. If you are unable to produce any of the logs, please respond here and you will receive further instructions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 geetarzan69

geetarzan69

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

How are you supposed to do anything in this guide when the specific virus won't let you run any programs?

#4 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

geetarzan69,

I was recently able to successfully clean AntiVirus Soft from my wife's computer, with the help of bleepingcomputer, so wanted to suggest some things you could try.

What I did was to use a second, uninfected computer to download all of the necessary diagnostic & fix-it software, then copy them over to the infected computer. That worked for me.

Another thing you might want to try is starting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking support.

If neither of those two method works, you should then open a new topic in the "Am I Infected" forum. as you might otherwise not be noticed by piggy backing on this old message thread.

God Luck.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users