Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone / Headset does not work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doc2002

doc2002

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:32 PM

I recently had my computer serviced. The guy wrote DIAG, Refomat & Load Windows, Install Ram 512 on the invoice.

Now my headset will not work. I called the guy and he said "I told you, you need drivers." He did NOT tell me that. My headset worked before he serviced my computer.

What is the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

Check in the bios to see if they are enabled, you should not need any drivers. If you are using the font panel jacks look to see if nay wires are loose in the case, front panel jacks are plugged into the board. You need to look at your MOBO layout to check things out, if you do not have it you can find it on the manufacturers site.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

Are they USB or do they plug into audio jacks? If USB, then your drivers are not installed for the USB Controller. Same goes for the audio jacks and your sound card. I wouldn't take your computer to a shop unless you trust them. Most often then not they would simply reformat without doing any basic or intermediate troubleshooting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users