Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning: Unresponsive Script from Firefox

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flyingduck15

flyingduck15

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hi,

I've been getting Warning: Unresponsive Scripts in my firefox when I load certain sites. It makes my laptop freeze for a couple of minutes/go really slow. I'm not sure if this is a firefox problem or a malware problem, as a few days ago I had a huge malware attack but the person advising me didn't seem to think it had to do something with malware. I googled around and people have been saying updating firefox should fix it, but I've updated to the latest version (3.6) and I'm still having problems. My OS is Windows XP Professional.

Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

Did you resolve "huge malware attack"?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 flyingduck15

flyingduck15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:48 AM

Hi,

Yes the person advising me said that the scan results seem okay, but today I've been browsing around and 1 or 2 times this morning my search results redirects to an ad site.. I'm not sure if this was set from said websites I was clicking the links to or if its unresolved malware. Because back when I was sure this was malware, every time I click a search result link it would redirect and sometimes tabs would be added randomly. I'm performing google searches now and so far no re-directing has occured.

This is the link to my malware topic if you need to see it: hxxp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=295841&st=0&p=1631011&#entry1631011 (I'm not sure what the etiquette is in linking to within the forum but I replaced http with hxxp just in case). I will need to perform a few more scans to determine if it may be caused by malware (just did a full MBAM scan and it was clean), but I was wondering if there was anything browser-wise I could consider in the mean time?

Thanks.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:01 AM

I can see, that TDSS rootkit was present.
It's rather nasty rootkit and normally, regular programs will not totally remove it.
I suggest you open a new topic at regular malware forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/, post required logs and have your computer checked.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 flyingduck15

flyingduck15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. Is it possible this TDSS rootkit is the reason of my weird firefox behaviour? Also, it seems in that forum it requires you to know what malware is infecting you, otherwise it'll be moved to the Am I Infected forum. I'm not sure what I should ask help for, the TDSS rootkit or the re-directing thing (there is a google redirecting virus I think)? Sorry for the probably silly questions. >__<;

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:09 AM

There are no silly questions :thumbsup:
While creating new topic, simply post a link to your "Am I Infected?" link, tell them about redirection and say, that since TDSS rootkit was detected, you suspect, it wasn't fully removed.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 flyingduck15

flyingduck15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:10 AM

Cool, thanks! I will do that. :thumbsup:

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

Sure thing :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users