Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NIC Installation Trouble

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 younggunner

younggunner

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hello,
I am, having an issue installing my network card on my pc running win xp home. my built in Ethernet card blew out so i bought a PCI 10100 mb and i tried to install it comes up with device did not properly install the specified module could not be found. and there's a yellow exclamation right next to the driver... i disabled the on board card from BIOS in case there was in interference with the irq's did not help.
any suggestion will be app thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hello,
I am, having an issue installing my network card on my pc running win xp home. my built in Ethernet card blew out so i bought a PCI 10100 mb and i tried to install it comes up with device did not properly install the specified module could not be found. and there's a yellow exclamation right next to the driver... i disabled the on board card from BIOS in case there was in interference with the irq's did not help.
any suggestion will be app thanks

Provide us with a few more details please and then we can help you.

Ethernet card brand name and model.
OS service pack number and motherboard make and model.

Thanks!

Edited by MrBruce1959, 17 February 2010 - 08:11 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 younggunner

younggunner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

Win Xp home Service pack 3s
Dynex E102 10/100MB
Not sure about the motherboard its an emachine if you need the specs let me know
I also tried an old NIC i had that's a linksys lne100tx that didnt work either

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

Did an installation disk come with the Ethernet card?

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

Check this link for your drivers if you do not have an drivers installation disk.

http://www.dynexproducts.com/t-drivers.aspx

Edited by MrBruce1959, 17 February 2010 - 09:23 PM.

#6 younggunner

younggunner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

Yea i got one wit the dynex
The linksys i got off linksys/support

#7 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

I am going to look for a PDF file of your motherboard owners manual, I want to study the BIOS setup features.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any other PCI devices installed that you know of, that work okay?

My theory here is some BIOSes have a setting or two for the PCI slots and those settings have to be configured correctly for the PCI BUS to function.

Now that I pointed that out to you, this might help you discover a setting that is disabled, that is needed for a PCI device to work.

I also do not know if you have a special PCI slot (usually Blue in color) that is better suited for this card. ( For example: Asus has one that they call "the proprietary wireless PCI slot)

If your board has more than one PCI slot, try an alternate one for now.

These processes will eliminate a hardware issue, leaving us with only software or system settings issues to resolve.

I will get back to you if I need more info on how to obtain a .PDF file of your MB manual.

Let us know if you found your problem in your PCI BIOS settings or not.

EDIT: Opps, you never posted your motherboards info, I need the name of the motherboard manufacture and the board's model number please.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 18 February 2010 - 12:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users