Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device Manager Controllers...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aanders5

Aanders5

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

Ok, so ive searched all over the place, yet I can't find any solutions to my problems.

(please dont tell me to download a scanner too, because scanners require an internet connection, which the computer that is having problems cannot connect to the internet)

Okay, so i just wiped Windows XP home from my mom's Compaq 6000 series, i believe its specific number is 6350US.

I couldn't get any recover disks for XP Home so I had to install Windows XP Pro, and now I am missing some controllers.

Here's a screenshot of my device manager and what im missing (the yellow question marks).

Posted Image

If anyone could give me direct download links the drivers that would help so much, but asking me to search certain sites or to use product scanners is pointless because nothing is working at all.

Also, you may notice in the screenshot I am running in safe mode, it is because when I run Windows normally it takes about 2 minutes for windows to start up, and when it does, the taskbar and icons NEVER appear, only the task manager will work for me.

I'm hoping the installation of these drivers will fix my startup problem.

Thank you for the help,

-Austin

ALSO, if you need exact information on the hardware components themselves, I probably cannot give you that. I haven't done much with physical hardware, just programming. So im really new to the hardware aspect of things, just FYI.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

I believe these are the drivers for that computer:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...;product=213902
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

HP Drivers, 6350US

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users