Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32.Netsky or SE2010 not sure - XP can login now

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Parekh

Parekh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

Hi

Its my first posting and I have tried to read the guides but could not find anything hence the post.

I am running XP Pro. I have the win32.netsky virus as I keep getting pop up boxes to that effect when I log in.
I looked for fixes, but all fixes say load the task manager and then do...

I cannot load the task manager on CTRL + ALT + DEL: as it is greyed out (by virus I guess). I cant run any programs either (any .exe file ) as it say it does not know how to run it. I cant get to CMD as it wont run that either. Logged in safe mode and still the same. tried one guide I found here which suggested RKill (and even the one renamed as Iexplore.exe) still it does not run the programs. What can I do if it wont run any programs and I cant disable the task or edit reg in safe mode!!

I can browse file using My computer though and can use a USB stick to copy files over.

Looking on some more guides I found links say that it could SE 2010. SO i looked at my C drive and found some of the files mentioned. I found 41.exe and the others mentioned in windows/system32 ( all dated the day I got the virus) but none of the file mentioned in Program files directory (The security essentials folders). I rename the files in system32 and rebooted. Now I cant log on at all. I cant log on in safe mode or normal. SO I cant go back and put the file back to what they where

I am hoping one of these are my options

1) Can I remove the HD - use as slave in another PC and run some other tools to remove the virus or rename/delete the files

2) Can I remove the HD- use as slave in another PC and copy over my data file and then format and start again. DOnt mind doing this but prefer option 1

Pleae advise if possible

Many thanks

Bhupesh

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 February 2010 - 07:53 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Parekh

Parekh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hi

Is there anyone that can provide me with any advise on this. Should I be waiting longer for a reply?

Bhupesh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users