Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Page is still loading or unknown response."

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jungian

jungian

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

For the past few days I keep getting a message on my laptop that says:

"Page is still loading or unknown response."

I am using a Dell Inspiron Model E1505 with Windows XP with a Mozilla Firefox browser.

I have run CC-Cleaner, Advance Systems Care, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, cleaned my recent history and tried refreshing my browser to no avail.

Could somebody kindly let me know how to resolve this most annoying problem?

Thank you

Jungian.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_joelj1964_*

Guest_joelj1964_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for posting your question. First, go to Control panel > Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose "status". Take a screen shot of the status window and post it in your reply.

Thanks, Joel

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#4 jungian

jungian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

I took the screen shot.

The problem I now have is that when I try to upload it to attach it to my reply the "Upload" icon just spins and spins until it times out.

A message comes up saying "Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space"

The .bmp screen shot is 2.92 megabytes.

What should I do?

Thank you

Jungian

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:52 AM

I took the screen shot.

The problem I now have is that when I try to upload it to attach it to my reply the "Upload" icon just spins and spins until it times out.

A message comes up saying "Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space"

What should I do?

Thank you

Jungian

Upload it to http://www.imageshack.us and post the link here.

#6 Guest_joelj1964_*

Guest_joelj1964_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

I took the screen shot.

What should I do?

Thank you

Jungian

The problem with uploading the screen shot is the format in which it was saved in, bmp. Open the folder the picture is stored in. Right click on the picture > Open with > Paint. When the Paint opens click on file at the top of the window and choose save as. Use the drop down menu and choose jpeg, jgp ect.. (As shown below). Delete the first screen shot so to not get confused on which picture to upload.

#7 jungian

jungian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

Attached is the attachment requested.

I am most impressed with your knowledge of such things and appreciate greatly your assistance.

Thank you

Jungian

Attached Files

#8 Guest_joelj1964_*

Guest_joelj1964_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the screen shot. Please try the following. Open Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on 1394 Connection and choose "Disable". Attempt to connect to the internet. Let me know the results.

Thanks, Joel

Edited by joelj1964, 18 February 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:09 PM

Are you using wireless internet or wired? Having the 1394 LAN connection enabled will not give you the error you are describing. The error you are describing comes having no internet connecting in your screenshot the WAN Port and the Ethernet Card are not connected.

You will need to remedy those by either connecting a cable, or by making sure your wireless access point is broadcasting.

#10 jungian

jungian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for the screen shot. Please try the following. Open Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on 1394 Connection and choose "Disable". Attempt to connect to the internet. Let me know the results.

Thanks, Joel

Joel:

I followed your instructions and I was able to connect to the internet after I disabled the 1394 connections.

What should I do now?

Thank you

Jungian

#11 jungian

jungian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:23 AM

Are you using wireless internet or wired? Having the 1394 LAN connection enabled will not give you the error you are describing. The error you are describing comes having no internet connecting in your screenshot the WAN Port and the Ethernet Card are not connected.

You will need to remedy those by either connecting a cable, or by making sure your wireless access point is broadcasting.

Cryptodan:

I am using wireless internet.

How do I make sure that my wireless access point in broadcasting?

Thank you

Jungian

#12 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

Cryptodan:

Thank you

Jungian

You will need to login to via wired connection so you can make sure it is properly configured. Then after that you should be golden. What is the model of your access point?

#13 jungian

jungian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Cryptodan:

Thank you

Jungian

You will need to login to via wired connection so you can make sure it is properly configured. Then after that you should be golden. What is the model of your access point?

Cryptodan:

I apologize but I do not know what is meant by my "Access Point" or how to determine what the model is.

If you could provide me with some clarification on how I ought to obtain this information I will get it for you.

Thank you

Jungian

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

How do you get online via cable modem, dsl modem, or a combo Modem/Router with Wireless Access. Your access point has an antenna that broadcasts radio out and your computer should be set to receive then transmit back saying im here get me online.

#15 jungian

jungian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

How do you get online via cable modem, dsl modem, or a combo Modem/Router with Wireless Access. Your access point has an antenna that broadcasts radio out and your computer should be set to receive then transmit back saying im here get me online.

Cryptodan:

I am getting online via a Netgear Model WGR614 Router and am using a Bec Technologies Modem Model BEC5200S.

Thank you

Jungian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users