Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

had browser redirect, now won't boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 needfixit

needfixit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

hi ... hope you all can help !!

i used another forum when i got infected with a browser redirect malware.

we did all kinds of scan and fix its, the last was using a program called "the avenger"

it rebooted ok, but when i went to hibernate, i couldn't so i shut it down.

when i went to boot up the next time, i got a message that say:

"a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your competer. If this is the firsat time this has been seen, restart your computer. If it happens again, check your hard drive or run CHKDSK/F.
technical info:
stop: 0x0000007B, 0xF7A2A528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 "

does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ?

thanks.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 February 2010 - 07:26 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Hi and welcome to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum,

I am thcbytes and I am here to help you!

I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.

Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.

Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

After 5 days if your topic is not replied I we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.

I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!

Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.

==========

I need some detailed info before we begin.
  1. Can you provide a link to your thread at the forum where you received help so I can see exactly what was done?
  2. What is your OS? XP, Vista or W7?
  3. Do you have a clean computer to perform some steps on like burning an Iso to a CD?
  4. Do you have your original Windows installation disc?
  5. Do you have a flash drive?
  6. Did your computer crash immediately after the re-boot from Avenger or was it working for a while prior to the crash?
  7. An recent Windows Updates?
  8. Are you still receiving help at the other forum?

Kind regards,
~ t
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

#3 needfixit

needfixit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:48 AM

t ...thanks for your response.

i have taken my computer to a repair shop, as i needed it and couldnt wait any longer.

thanks, tho, for your help.

#4 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Your welcome. smile.gif

Thanks for letting me know. Good luck and safe surfing.

Since this topic appears to be resolved, I will now close it.
If you need this topic re-opened please send me a PM.

Everyone else, please start a new topic.

Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users