to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
I am thcbytes
and I am here to help you!
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer
. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.
Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options
. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic
. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification
and then clicking on Proceed
you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.
After 5 days if your topic is not
replied I we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!
Again I would like to remind you to make no
further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current
condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.
I need some detailed info before we begin.
- Can you provide a link to your thread at the forum where you received help so I can see exactly what was done?
- What is your OS? XP, Vista or W7?
- Do you have a clean computer to perform some steps on like burning an Iso to a CD?
- Do you have your original Windows installation disc?
- Do you have a flash drive?
- Did your computer crash immediately after the re-boot from Avenger or was it working for a while prior to the crash?
- An recent Windows Updates?
- Are you still receiving help at the other forum?