Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless network to wireless internet connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bpierce

bpierce

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:13 PM

I have two laptops at home and want to set up a wireless network. Both have internal wireless adapters and I also have a Linksys wireless router (home n go maybe?) N120 I think (sorry it is not in front of me). I have a wireless verizon card that I use to connect to the internet. I was able to get the laptops connected to the router but cannot get on the internet with the second laptop. Seems I also have problems with the home network and the internet connection. I use verizon software that came with my wireless card and I can get both the wifi and the wwan connected but just can't see the internet from the second computer. I hope this is not too confusing as I am completely confused myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

I think the easiest thing to do would be set up an ad-hoc wireless setup. That is the 2 wireless cards talk to one another. Then once you get that setup and working you'll set up ICS(internet connection sharing) to share the connection from Verizon. Or perhaps ICS will do the work for you as far as the laptops talking. I haven't done ICS over wireless so this is virgin territory for us both lol. Weeeee

What version of windows is on both laptops? That way we can get you pointed in the right direction.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 bpierce

bpierce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

both laptops are running windows xp latest version.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

Both this and this will show you how to do it. The first is a little more detailed.

I know I am pointing to another site to help you but they have it all spelled out with screen shots. That rocks. Read through all the steps a time or 2 and it'll become clearer. If you have any questions, please post.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 bpierce

bpierce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:11 AM

THANK YOU!!!!! I will do this tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users