Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown BSOD?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hereforkicks

hereforkicks

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

After "successfully" removing a virus from my computer, I ran another virus scan, just to be safe, and went to bed. In the morning when I woke up, my comp had blue screened, and would not start in either regular or safe mode. I tried Googling the error number (there was no additional info on the screen) and only the first three numbers ever really show up online.

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC000001D, 0x80537008, 0xF78E73B8, 0xF78E70B4)

This number shows up online only once, on some Chinese help forum. Something about dropping the computer, but I've never dropped mine. The first three numbers usually correspond to a video card or something. But, again, I haven't changed anything of that sort in a long time. I think it's probably the virus acting up again.

I know I should probably run the Windows disk, but what do I do after that to fix this problem permanently? I may run my life by computers, but I'm mostly illiterate when it comes to anything besides basic HTML. Can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

Here is the meaning STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC000001D, 0x80537008, 0xF78E73B8, 0xF78E70B4)

When searching for BSOD codes and their meaning just use the first set of numbers outside the parentheses.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

You could also run BlueScreenView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html to try to see if pertinent details are in a dump message.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.

When scanning is done, Edit>Select All. Then File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users