Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chaintech and AMD, wont start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Delox

Delox

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:39 PM

I recently ordered a few parts to build a computer, I have assembled the computer and all was working well for about 3 days. Now I have run into a problem. I thought it was my power supply, so I returned that to the seller, but that was not it. Now I'm thinking it may be my motherboard or processor(my order numbers are P6496127, and E2298530 on tigerdirect.com)My processor is an AMD 3200 and my motherboard is a Chaintech 7NJL6, Whenever the computer is started, it stays on for about 3 seconds then shuts down. I have tried many things in an attempt to fix it, but nothing has worked. I started it without the processor installed, and it stayed on, but whenever the processor is in place, it shuts down. If you have any idea what it might be please let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:48 PM

from experience, this is SOME issues i have seen causing this

1.bad board
2.bad pci module
3.bad ram module
4.bad PSU
5.12vt 4-pin not plugged into board
6.bad chip (rare)
7.bad fan on chip (more likely)
8.creepage of anything
9.bad video
10.i/o device (rj-45,ps-2, usb)

the list goes on, check your variables against Known Good Working Products. Troubleshoot, from here i/we can only help so much, unless you have a slew of parts kicking around, anything can be bad and you cant verify it. if it is all new, i would suggest taking it into a shop for them to test it. sorry i wqsnt much help
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 Delox

Delox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 04 September 2005 - 11:26 PM

Thanks, yeah but sometimes it starts, and once started it will keep running. My 4 pin is not plugged in because there is no where to plug it, its a 20 pin board, is there somewhere else to plug in the onther 4 pin(detachable for the 20 pin piece)?

anyway, thanks for whatever you can help me with, oh, and I've started it with nothing but the cpu on it, not even a single fan, and it shuts off still

EDIT:

I think it is the fan on the cpu now that I have read this and more online. However I am still concered as to why i have an extra 4 pin connector thats just not being used... is there somehwere that needs to go? I contacted the manuafacturer of the board (chaintech) and they were no help.

Thanks

Edited by Delox, 05 September 2005 - 09:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users