Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing Question - Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HoosierPC

HoosierPC

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

This is my first post. I hope I'm doing it right. I work for lawyers. (Don't shoot the messenger!) At times, they need to present printed e-mails in court. Using Outlook 2003, when an e-mail is printed the recipient's name--or the name of the person from whose Inbox the e-mail was printed (it may have been forwarded)--appears at the top of the document. Does anyone know of a means/program to cause the original sender's name to print instead of the recipient's? Thank you for any help you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

Hello :thumbsup:

I found this on the Microsoft website:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/...2426401033.aspx

About printing and print styles
Applies to: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

In any folder, you can print individual items (item: An item is the basic element that holds information in Outlook (similar to a file in other programs). Items include e-mail messages, appointments, contacts, tasks, journal entries, notes, posted items, and documents.) or a view (view: Views give you different ways to look at the same information in a folder by putting it in different arrangements and formats. There are standard views for each folder. You can also create custom views.) of all items in the folder. For example, in Calendar you can print the contents of one appointment, or you can print the view of everything in the Calendar folder.

Each type of item and each view has a print style (print style: A combination of paper and page settings that determines the way items print. Outlook provides built-in print styles, and you can create your own.), which determines the layout, font style and size, and other formatting options. To modify how an item or view is printed, modify the print style. You can also create your own print styles for items and views, and in the case of views, you can change the look of the view to modify how it prints.

The contents of an item are printed with the most common fields visible, such as the From, Sent, and Subject fields in an e-mail message. You can also print an item with custom fields (custom field: A field that you can create. A custom field can be a blank, combination, or formula field.) you create.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried searching the Outlook 2003 help file ?

I know this isn't very much help, but it's all I managed to find.
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

#3 HoosierPC

HoosierPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

Sashacat, thank you for your suggestion. I have searched Outlook's help, but perhaps I haven't looked for the right terms. I will look further at the topic you posted.

P.S. Our cat's name is Sasha. :thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

Things to consider:
http://www.out-law.com/page-5537
http://www.depo.com/resources/aa_thediscov...ting_email.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

OUR first cat's name was Sashacat :thumbsup: She was a Russian Blue, and a wonderful cat!

It's not always easy to find the answers for Outlook questions.
A couple of yrs ago (Outlook 2003) I needed to print emails for my job files at work, and I needed the printed email to show the name of the file attachment. I looked through every setting I could find, and finally I stumbled upon the answer.........
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/...2431731033.aspx
When you print an HTML e-mail message that contains one or more attachments, the names of the attachments won't appear on the Attachments line unless you have upgraded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1.

If the hypothetical email was forwarded, when the email is printed, doesn't it show all the forwards in the body of the email ?
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users