Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sharing Folders in Ubuntu 9.10 (Installed on MS Virtual PC)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:36 AM

Hi and good day!

i recently installed ubuntu 9.10 on Microsoft virtual PC 2007. I have 2 network cards, I setup Ubuntu on spare network card.
seems everything was set, i shared a folder, it downloaded updates to be able to share it. and it was ok.
my only problem is, I cannot access the shared folder on ubuntu using windows xp on same network.

Please help. Many thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

Okay, what you want to do is first download sun VirtualBox. It should support your current virtual machine file, and shared folders are very easy to do. VirtualBox is free, and convenient. www.virtualbox.org to download. Now, import your virtual machine file by going to file, virtual media appliance manager, and going to hard drives, Find the hard drive file, and see if it works. Then get the machine going on your virtualbox, and click (host-f10) that will load the virtual additions iso, which will allow to set up easily accessed shared folders. Look for a guide on the internet to learn how to access them in Ubuntu guest after setting them up in virtualbox.

#3 jase07

jase07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:15 AM

tnx. I will definitely try it. we'll let you know after... :thumbsup:

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

You will need to set up Samba so you can access your shared folder on Ubuntu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users