Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SecurityCoverage Spyware Removal Tool

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Montana Mad Dog

Montana Mad Dog

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:10 AM

Hi, I'm working on a system that originally had the "SecureIT" software installed. There was a conflict between SecureIT and MS updates, which caused a "Blue-screening Issue" (SecureIT's terminology). The user had SecureIT do a remote access to supposedly clean up an infection, but there was no resolution, so she brought it to me. Got rid of SecureIT and numerous trojan infections, but there's an issue related to the remote access session that I'd like to clean up.

There is a "SecurityCoverage Spyware Removal Tool" screen that shows up right after the Windows splash screen (during start-up). It's annoying mostly, but I wonder if its really doing anything.

I chatted with a SecureIT tech onlne, but he predictably disappeared when I requested procedures to remove the "Removal Tool" and told him that I didn't want his software on this system whatsoever. The tech says its remnants of the previous remote access infection cleanup procedures...and that he has to remote in to remove it. Not a fan of SecureIT, and certainly don't want them on this system. He states the "Removal Tool" is running because there's something "bad" triggering it. It's possible, I suppose...could be a rootkit or something?

So, that's where it stands...does anyone have any experience with SecureIT and their "Blue-screening Issue" as well as their "SecurityCoverage Spyware Removal Tool? I've found nothing thru the Google machine and SecureIT doesn't seem to be much help.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users