Are you able to pull up TaskManager? If so, do the following please:
- at the black screen, select CTRL-ALT-DEL
- open Task Manager
- Select the "Processes" tab
- how many processes are running? Check to see if winlogon.exe
are up and running. If possible, provide a full list of the started processes.
Next, within Task Manager:
1) Click File, New Task (Run...)
2) Browse to: X:\Windows\System32\eventvwr.exe, where "X" is the drive letter where Windows is installed.
3) When Event Viewer opens, look under "System" and "Application" events. See if there are any errors within the timeframe that your problems started.
In your next reply please post:
1) The processes running in Task Manager, especially the ones I listed.
2) Details on some of the errors found in Event Viewer.