Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PHP Auction -- Need Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Teach Power

Teach Power

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

Hello all and I am glad to find a home here as I have been looking for a techie community like this for a while... ever since I lost the thatcomputerguy forums. I have been reading these forums for a while and it is full of good people.

In saying that now, I need help. I created and run an education site that is a resource library for other educators in a hope of making our lives a little easier by sharing teaching materials. At this point most of the resources available are my own, but I have been asked by other educators (both friends and via email) to make it possible to create a login account and allow uploads of their own resources. My site link is in my signature at the bottom...if you want to take a look to get a better idea of what I would need.

Therein lies my question. I am familiar with creating websites and some basic coding but I am not familiar with what it takes to create a database and system of registered accounts, etc. I was doing some research and found a free version of phpauction that is very versatile and suits many of the features that I will like to add to the site currently or in the future. Can somebody help me step by step with the manual install of phpauction? The directions I am having a hard time following are on this site: http://www.thaslayer.com/2008/09/28/tutori...all-phpauction/

If not then can somebody recommend a good login-pass program/script that I could install that would allow users to create accounts and upload/download content to my site?

Thank you so much for all your help in advance! :thumbsup:
-TeachPower
TeachPower.net founder
Education Resource Library for the classroom & boardroom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

i don't think that would be what you are looking for, there is a tutorial in this forum that explains how to make a login page with either a database or a simple txt file. After that you could simply write some php to grab the logged in user's username and make the uploads for that session go to that user's directory.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users