Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus/Malware crushing my PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JXC

JXC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

My pc takes forever to boot- the hard drive spins for over 10 minutes. When it does boot I get an error message "cannot find avimsglade.dll". internet connection is slow, if I can get on at all. programs freeze (Especially anti-virals and anti-malware).

I was hit last week, many spyware/malware and trojans were caught by my anti-viral programs (I'm on Avira Antivir) and by malware bytes. but they could not remove them.

I ran the pc in safe mode w/ networking and tried the microsoft protection program (froze), as well as the microsoft download malware program (froze). Avira freezes as well (but does identify a trojan) and malwarebytes was pretty much disabled.

I have to do the manual shut-down when the pc freezes.

When i was able to get online and search for avimsglade.dll, your site and the combofix were at the top of the list.

I'm on Windows XP...

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jason

Edited by JXC, 16 February 2010 - 09:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users