Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think my computer has virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 laxmi

laxmi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

My system - and software

windows xp
windows firewall
zonealarm pro
symantec
firefox browser/ use IE occasionally - was using IE last thursday when I go the virus.

I had all kinds of pop up last thursday. symantec detected spyware guard - yusffstav.exe.

I downladed and ran rkill and malwarebytes. It found some bad files and removed them.
Then I downloaded and ran spybot and it came clean.

Today I decided to clean the register as well and bought ccleaner - revive register and I started running it
All of a sudden it got blocked.
I also noticed a folder called recycler under document and settings - it looks like a recycle bin and it has a file labeled S-1-5-21-2013610775-300933.... It looks like a regsitry file.

There are a bunch of files under temp VBE, WPDNSE, etilqs_afaqbw3ztFIAD2QaZRYd.
Also, there is a history tab under local setting - and it has monday and today tabs.

I am so confused and am not sure what to do next.

I really would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Laxmi

Edited by laxmi, 16 February 2010 - 06:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users