That's great to hear.
But I have a question about what was in those settings.
When you opened IE's Lan settings, did you see something like 127.0.0.1 and port 5555?
If you did, I would suggest you run a few more scans with Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware to be sure you are clean. I would also recommend cleaning your Temp Files and folders along with the scans.Scan for Spyware/Adware Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Download Free Version
Why? Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
is very good at removing the zlob trojan, virtumonde, and most other current infections. This single tool has replaced multiple tools that have been required in the past.
- 1. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. At the end, confirm a check mark is placed next to the following:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- 2. At the end, confirm a check mark is placed next to the following:
- 3. Then click Finish.
- 4. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- 5. Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- 6. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- 7. Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- 8. When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The rogue application should now be gone.
Some infections will prevent MBAM
from running. If MBAM
won't run, try renaming the file mbam-setup.exe
to a random name, and then try again.Note:
Reinstall MBAM if you installed and ran a scan in safe mode. Doing this is usually not advised as MBAM is designed to be at full power when running in normal mode and loses some effectiveness for detection & removal when used in safe mode. Therefore, after completing a scan it is recommended to uninstall MBAM, then reinstall it in normal mode and perform another Quick Scan.
Post that log for review. When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs
tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.
-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware ProgramsSAS
, may take a long time to scan
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
- In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
- Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
- Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
- Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode"
using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
- Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
- Click Close to exit the program.
Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.
Please download TFC
(Temp File Cleaner) by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.alternate download link
* Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
* Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator
* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
* TFC will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, Java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.
If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Note: It is normal for the computer to be slow to boot after running TFC cleaner the first time.