Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Software Needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 p8315

p8315

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

I have 4 computers 2 dell laptops 1 toshiba and 1 dell desk top at home. The lap tops run off the router connected to my computer. ATT offers mcafee but i was told it was not secure. Basicly a trial verson, One dell has been infected and reformed. The other is running AGV free version and the toshiba is now on the AGV free version. I do not now anything about this AGV!!! I found this sight but not sure if I should trust it. http://www.deletespyware-adware.com/InternetSecurity.htm
Not sure if i can go buy Nortons or Mcafee and if they will protect all thrugh the net work or not. Please Help
Thanks
Paula

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

Paula you can install Avast! Antivirus 5.0 which is very good. The Home edition is free to use.
You can also use the AntiVir free antivirus. Again the Personal edition is free.

In addition to these you should also install Malwarebyte's Antimalware free edition and from time to time have it manually scan your computer.

You can find more freeware security applications here : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users