Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio books on itunes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rayandi

rayandi

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:27 AM

Was wondering if anyone knew how to import an audio book into itunes and keep the tracks in order when they play on my ipod. I am trying to download the New Testament.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grey__Wolf

Grey__Wolf

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:37 AM

Hi rayandi,

If you've downloaded it on your Ipod you would just need to open iTunes software with your iPod connected and select the tab audio books and tick the box to sync with your computer.

If you've downloaded a audiobook outside of iTunes and want to add to iTunes, click on File, select "add file to library", and when the open file box appears, navigate to the relevent folder where you have stored the book, and select it. I've found it will automatically place it into the audiobooks tab from there. (I'm using the latest version of iTunes)

I can't be sure on the the last part, I would of thought they would be in order anyway. Perhaps someone else may be able to help if this isn't the case.

#3 Ethan123

Ethan123

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

It would also probably be a good idea to exclude the audio book tracks from shuffle so they dont show up in shuffle mode.

#4 The Computer Chic

The Computer Chic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

I use a converter that changes from the .mp3 format to the .m4b that iTunes recognizes as specifically audiobook. Perks are that it stays in the audiobook folder and segments don't play when I'm listening to my music on random. Also, it keeps the place of where I was when I stopped listening.

The software was called, oddly enough, MP3 to iPod Audio Book converter. I downloaded it from www.freeipodsoftware.com and have used it many times with little to no problems.

#5 Zi11a

Zi11a

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

I use MarkAble to convert mp3 to m4b,its not free but it's very easy to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users