Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is something wrong?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Reach4Sky

Reach4Sky

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:55 AM

Yesterday I started having problems with my laptop. I was tired and I wasn't paying attention, i wanted to watch a video that wouldn't play so I downloaded the plugin. Normally before I download anything I look to make sure to read comments to see if anyone else has problems with it but I didn't this time. In the end the video didnt work, my homepage changed to bing, and even after changing it back I get redirected to add sites every so often. My computer told me it had encountered a problem so I removed it and scanned with McAfee. I presume that the alert came from McAfee as well but I can't remember because I was tired and clicked remove right away. After that I did two full scans with McAfee and both times I didnt pick up any problems but I'm still getting redirected to add sites saying that I'm the so and so visitor and get redirected to sites that I've been on and that have never done that to me before. I'm sure something is up and remembered that I had used you guys before when my old desktop had a problem so I dug up this account. Not exactly sure where to start but I'm sure glad you guys are here to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Reach4Sky

Reach4Sky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

Ok, it's been awhile and I ran a scan with Webroots free scan. It's detecting Troj/ByteVer-G. I don't have the software so I can't quarantine it and again McAfee isnt picking it up. How do I get ride of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users