Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP - Antivirus Soft removal...think I got it?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pahdz

pahdz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

I tried following the steps at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-antivirus-soft but since I couldn't access Safe Mode w/Networking and the warning about using system config scared the crap outta me, restarted my computer, which when I got back to my desktop McAfee (which wasn't running when the malware popped up the first time) said it blocked a trojan. I was then able to run rkill and mbam, and here is the log from my mbam scan, which found 2 infected items and removed them successfully. Is there a good chance I got this thing knocked out?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3510
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

2/15/2010 11:28:30 PM
mbam-log-2010-02-15 (23-28-30).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 138179
Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 26 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

by the way, these were the instructions i followed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...hp/t275495.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users