Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not boot up past power on.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 winster

winster

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

Trying to get an idea whats going on here. As the title says I turn it on, the fans and the front lights come on but nothing else. When it first started doing this it booted past the "motherboard id screen?" to the initial black screen then just hung there. Then after a few tries it only booted to the motherboard screen and now it just powers on. I would put all my computer info but I don't have it written down and I would normally just copy and paste.

Prior to this I was running in VGA mode because my computer was freezing and I would have to do a hard boot every time. No particular time. I could run it anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour before it started. The longer I had my computer on the shorter the length of time before I did it. In VGA mode (selected from the same screen you choose Safe mode) I ran it on 8bit and the lowest screen resolution, anytime I went to 16 or 32 bit it would freeze shortly their after. Anytime I raised the screen resolution - same thing.

I also had the Antivirus Soft virus. Not sure how the hell I got it. I used your site to remove it only Malewarebytes didnt remove it the first time and the second time it detected nothing. I ran Spybot, Superantivirus, CCleaner, and Glarysoft registry cleaner. Had to run them around 3x each to get all the files off, seemed like everything was back to the way before all this. The day before this happened I was Googling Youtube to watch a movie trailer and when I clicked on Youtube from Google a download window popped up. When I was on Youtube I clicked enter to see find the trailer I was looking for (top of the Youtube page) and a download window appeared again. Of course I didn't download it or any other thing about Antivirus soft. The next day is when I started having problems booting up.

Probably going to take it in to get checked but hoping I can get an idea here.
Thanks

Sorry one thing I forgot to add. There are no beep codes. At first, as explained above, there were but now there are none. Power on, lights and fans only

Hoping someone will give me an idea. I use this for business and I am screwed until I get this fixed. Is it something with the motherboard or just another destructive part of the Antivirus soft virus

Edited by garmanma, 16 February 2010 - 09:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 winster

winster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:55 AM

Not sure why this was moved because this is a hardware issue. I was just letting you know that I had the Antivirus Soft virus sometime before all this. :thumbsup: It turns out is was my video card. Fan seized up or something and overheated. I had a few capacitors that were bulging.

Edited by winster, 17 February 2010 - 04:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users