Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 not running smooth?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hulk2

hulk2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

I have a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop with an AMD 64 Atholon x2 processor, 2 gig of ram and 120 gig hard drive (meets all the win 7 requirements). I purchased a second hard drive (7200 rpm original is 5400) and installed win 7 ulimate on it.

Was very happy with it the first couple of weeks, but then notice some small problems. When watching streaming video section would freeze up (delay) and then continue on. Sound on originally turn on would be destorted, kind of muffled.

Loaded up all types of registry cleaners, speed system up programs, spyware detection and antivirus programs. Nothing seemed to help. Decided to perform system restore and problems went away.

Was happy once again until it happened again. Tried system restore again but this time problems (annoyances) remained? Finally went back to old hard drive and win xp. Watching same video, no problems, smooth, clean.

Any idea's as to why I have problems running win 7 ulitimate? One thing I do know is that dell has no win 7 drivers on their site for the Vostro 1000 (xp and vista only). All the drivers that on win 7 worked for the Vostro 1000.
Use a driver checking program for win 7 and no problem issues?
Computer checks compatabilty wise, meets all requirements to run windows 7?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users