Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

getting past user name

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 senwesret

senwesret

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

hi im andrianna and new to the club.

My daughter alicia is twelve and a dedicated fan of music. : She constantly downloads tons of stuff.Right to the point.
she has an old computer of mine. Two weeks ago she told me that she had a problem. When she tries to click on her
user name the computer just reverses and goes into 'saving your settings' mode. In safe mode the same.

question. How can my daughter get past the 'user name' stage of windows and log on.
complication. She has already partitioned my old computer because she got sick and tired of the
stupid machine crashing on one disk so she just got up and set up her system on the other.

backdate. We did get in the past an additional hard drive extension. Without being told she set up a
new system on the additional hardrive downloaded the microsoft updates downloaded 'windows live one care'
which she likes 'as it just gets on with the job and there is no song and dance dealing with virus stuff'

so she has an old computer of mine. In two partitions. One works fine. The other never gets past the
'click on user status' AS I expected she now gets p**ed off with that.

What can I do?? Any help will be greatly appreciated from me. This is not going to go away at some point she
will attempt a major break out and \i would like to prevent damage. :thumbsup:

Edited by Pandy, 15 February 2010 - 10:17 PM.
Moved from Win XP Home and Pro ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users