Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SAS portable

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arctic

Arctic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Just thought this would be a good place to announce.

I just found out that the actual creators of SAS have released a portable version.

as far as i can tell. the filename is always random, the extension is .com, and the definitions are up to date.

check it out...

http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html
I can only help.. If i know what the problem is.

we never have time to do things right, but we always have time to do them again

LAWL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:47 PM

For some reason when posting links to superantispyware, the part after the / gets removed when you click it. Just go to http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&cli...mp;aqi=&oq= and it should be the first link :thumbsup:

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:28 AM

Yes you can save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.
http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html

You can also manually download the definitions from here so you can save and transfer them as well. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions after you transfer SAS Portable to the infected machine.

They even have a SUPERAntiSpyware Online Safe Scan available if you can't install any programs but can access the Internet.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

For some reason, whenever clicking on ANY of the Superantispyware links provided, they all direct me back to superantispyware.com. Its rather odd lol

#5 FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

For some reason, whenever clicking on ANY of the Superantispyware links provided, they all direct me back to superantispyware.com. Its rather odd lol

Same here...what's up with that? :thumbsup:
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

#6 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

I really have no idea, I just live with it lol

#7 FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

Yes but how does one actually get to the pages mentioned by quietman7?
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

Artic and quietman's links work fine for me.

If this is the ONLY site you cannot access try running TFC by OT to clear Temp etc files.

Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Ping the website..... Tell us what happens
Open the Command Window.
Click "Start" and select "Run."
Type "cmd" in the box that pops up. Click "OK" or hit "Enter."

Type "ping" in the Command Window.

Hit the space bar once.

Type www.superantispyware.com hit Enter

Tell us what happens

Step 4

Edited by boopme, 28 February 2010 - 10:30 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

The requests all time out for the ping, but I know I am not infected, I can access the site fine, its just when I click on the links quietman posted, instead of taking me to http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html&rid=3324, it only takes me to http://www.superantispyware.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users