Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Inoperative

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mokelikescider

mokelikescider

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

Greetings BP Helpers & Forumites.

This is a problem I've had for a very long time now. I haven't been able to perform a 'System Restore' to ANY previous date listed for about 2 years now. Everything else seems to work fine with my PC. I don't actually need to use the 'System Restore' facility at the moment, but it would still be nice to know it's working for when I actually need to utilise it at some future date!

The outcome of a 'System Restore' attempt is the following message given: 'Restoration Incomplete - your computer cannot be restored to ....... (date given). No changes have been made to your computer.'

I have Windows XP Home Edition (version 2002) on CD ROM and have SP3 installed.

Any assistance in sorting this problem out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

Have you read Troubleshooting, System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point - http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html ?

Louis

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302796

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2010 - 04:59 PM.

#3 mokelikescider

mokelikescider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

No, it's not that that's the problem. Restore points ARE created, but the PC won't act on any of them when I ask it to. It just comes up with the statements as given in my original posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users