Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get past log in page

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sppacnivek

sppacnivek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hello, my daughter has a Dell Inspiron B120 with Windows XP. The problem is after user log in the windows closes and returns to log in page. Sometimes I see the desktop background for a few seconds, then for a fraction of a second I see a box that says "PC Protector" is turned off. I do not recognize this box. Then windows closes and returns to log in page. Most of the time windows closes before it opens. I have disabled "automatic restart", tried every "safe mode" option in f8, tried to boot start up disk to repair, each time it goes to log in page, back to the vicious circle. I am fairly convinced a virus is involved but cannot get to the anti virus (webroot) to scan it. She has some pictures that have not been backed up that she wants to save, but, I don't know if I can even re-download the OS if I cannot boot the start up disk. Thanks,

Edited by Pandy, 15 February 2010 - 02:10 PM.
Moved from Windows XP Home and Pro ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users