Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Perfect Keylogger

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 XCLR8

XCLR8

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 03 September 2005 - 03:50 PM

This thing came out of no where 2 days ago.

Posted Image

I searched on google to see if there is a way to get rid of this. But it just takes me to programs that I havce to pay. Do any of you guys know a spyware removal this is...free? I am about to scan my computer with Spybot S&D, Microsoft Anti Spyware, and Adaware SE. If you guys know how to get rid of this, then pelase let me know. This is the link that told me info about this spyware.

http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=588

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Carrion

Carrion

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 03:57 PM

Is it a family pc? Or do someone has got access to your pc? Like a brother/father or something. I don't think you have been infected with that cause the person wouldn't use a trial version ;p Check that first.

Kind regards, Robin

#3 XCLR8

XCLR8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:16 PM

No, only I use this PC. What do I check?

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:19 PM

If you do not want it or use it just un-install the keylogger. It looks like its just a safety program to track the computers use for like a parent. Just go to the Control panel and find add/remove programs. Then find the Perfect keylogger on the list and hit remove.
Hope this helps!

#5 XCLR8

XCLR8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:28 PM

Thanks for the help. But lucky my friend called me on time. He had a program called "XoftSpy" And he just sent it to me. I did teh search and it found the Perfect Keylogger as Spyware. And it said that it detects what my computer is doing. o_O Anyways, it also found some other spyware that I thought I got rid of a couple months ago. But these bastards keep comming back. So I deletd them, and restarted my computer. And the little image doesn't pop up anymore. Thanks anyways for all your help.

Edited by XCLR8, 03 September 2005 - 04:28 PM.

#6 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

I also reccomend ad-aware my lavasoft thats a great one.
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Person...ubj=dl&tag=top5

#7 XCLR8

XCLR8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, I already have that. :thumbsup:

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

Since you say that you continually get reinfected with malware every few months
run both Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy from safe mode, updating each program before you scan and setting both to fix what they find.

*AdAware SE: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

*Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

After doing that I suggest you post a HijackThis log for assistance with your recurring problem.

Read the pinned post in the HijackThis forum, here
Carefully read and follow all directions explicitly.

Following instructions run a log, and post it in the appropriate HJT forum, at this link.

Do not attempt to fix anything by yourself using Hijack This yet.

A member of the HJT Team will analyze the log, make recommendations and offer assistance.

It may take a period of time to get a response to the log you posted because the members of the HJT Team are kept very busy.
Pleasebe patient as this team is manned by volunteers. They will help you as soon as possible.

NOTE
Once you have posted your HJT log, please DO NOT make any additional posts in the HJT forum until you get a response from a member of the HJT expert team.

The first criteria they have when looking for logs that need replies are posts showing 0 replies. If you make an additional post, it will show as having 1 reply.
A team member, looking to see if a reply has been made might well assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and might not open the thread to respond.

So, make your post and wait for a response from a team member.

#9 XCLR8

XCLR8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

Yeah I already got that. But I never knew I can do that in Safe Mode. Hmm....so thats how to perminantly to get rid of them. Thanks for the tip. Also, yeah I know about the rules. I always read the rules first before posting. So I don't break any rules. :thumbsup: Thanks for the tips everyone. So much love in this forum. lol

#10 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:27 PM

Another great product to add to your machine is Webroot SpySweeper. It will cost about $20.00, but it is worth it. For more information on this product check out their homepage at http://www.webroot.com/ and learn about this cool program. It works differently from scanners, as it catches things before they enter your machine. It also preforms regular scans and protects several parts of your system. With this and the others you have, you will be covered.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users