Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blank screen (display problem)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dannyone

dannyone

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:17 AM

Goodmorning Everyone,

l loaded window 7 on a p4 toshiba(p35 s611) laptop, corrected all other drivers problem except for "Display" which loaded microsoft standard display driver. With that, the screen resolution is low and appears dull so l went hunting for a more suitable driver to no avail. I randomly downloaded drivers from different manufacturers hoping dat by luck any could match the system's display and non matched after running them, so l gave up, but the damage has been done already - the computer does not show anything again subsequently, even after several restarts. The power comes on and the fan and then nothing more, just a blank, black screen staring me in the eyes.

Does anybody have an idea what l should do to resolve this problem?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:52 AM

Re-install windows 7 and attempt to use the Vista driver if no windows 7 driver is available from your laptop manufacturer. If neither is available you will probably not be able to get the video to work right. The only other option you may have is to download the generic driver from the video chip manufacture (ATI, Nvidia, Intel...) which might work but laptops usually need manufacturer issued drivers to function correctly as they often modify portions of the video bios and laptop bios for their own designs.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 dannyone

dannyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:00 AM

thanks.

fortunately by the time l put on the system just this evening, l was able to access the bios utility which was the real problem to me. l can carry on from here and u will hear from me if there is still any unresolve issue concerning this problem.

\once again, thanks.

Edited by dannyone, 15 February 2010 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users