Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Engine Redirect (Google/Yahoo)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MuggyFresh

MuggyFresh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:08 AM

A while back I got the Internet Security 2010 which was easy enough to get rid of, but this redirecting is getting slightly annoying. It's the same thing I read on many forums problem wise, but I can never get a solution. When I click on the links after searching on google it redirects me to sites for a short time then to what looks like a legit site like Yahoo or Yellowpages. I can always get to the page I want it's just sometimes it redirects me and I just don't know if it's serious or not.

Solutions I have tried:
Multiple Scanners or cleaners(Hitman/Avast/MBAM usually will have atapi.sys. Not sure if that's the problem though.) CCleaner also used.
Finding and deleting certain malicious bogus files, but could not find any (ex. sysaudio, wdmaud, tdss)
Checking the host file for extra IPs
System

Only thing I haven't tried that seems to work is Combofix and Goored (I think that's what it is called) and the reason for that is because Goored is just something I've really never heard of until today. As for Combofix, I'm just not that tech savvy.

I'm running Windows XP with SP2

Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Edited by MuggyFresh, 15 February 2010 - 01:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users