Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 egh0814

egh0814

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

I installed an incompatible driver on my windows vista. I've restored the computer but the blue screen keeps popping up. I have no clue on how to fix it. Here is what the blue screen says:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to see if any new hardware or software is properly installed
If this a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows update you might need:

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware/software. Diable bios memory option such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safemode.

Technical information

*****stop: 0x00000001 (0x0000002c, 0x000000002, 0x00000000, 0x8061C3C4)

*** nvstor.sys - address 8061C3C4 base at 80618000, datestamp 458d543d

No clue on how to fix it........SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

OH HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thejynxed

thejynxed

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

It's caused by bad SATA and/or motherboard drivers for your motherboard. Which model is the board and what nVidia chipset does it use?

Did you install updated drivers via Windows Update? I know the Microsoft supplied nVidia chipset/SATA drivers have been less than stellar when it comes to Vista.

#3 PCsolutions

PCsolutions

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

If you did a full restore and the problem is still there, then you are looking at a hardware issue. You need to run a diagnostic and test the hard drive and memory first.

#4 egh0814

egh0814
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:07 AM

HOw do I run a diagnostic test?

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

How did you "restore" your computer? Did you use the System Restore function or did you use a System Recovery Disk?

#6 egh0814

egh0814
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:50 PM

I used the system recovery disk.

I still have not been able to fix the problem so any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users