Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot intall or run any malware software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JeannieTracy

JeannieTracy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

Windows XP - I get all kinds of error messages and installation errors trying to install or boot up ANY malware programs. I finally got ComboFix to run and I have a log to post if anyone can help me. By the way, I am working on a secondary computer that has no internet access at the time. However it is beside my computer that has interenet access. The secondary computer can read and boot cd's.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 February 2010 - 09:36 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

Warning at the top of this forum:
ComboFix is a tool that should only be run under the supervision of someone who has been trained in its use. Using it on your own can cause problems with your computer.

For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267354/for-those-having-trouble-running-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worm, or other Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-remove-a-trojan-virus-worm-or-malware/

Please report back.
If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users