Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I got a WDRP email

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hi,

I just received a WDRP email from my domain registrar for the first time in life. It begins like this :

Dear Admin of ---------.com,

This message is a reminder to help you keep the contact data associated with your domain registration up-to-date. This is a requirement made by ICANN (The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) through the WDRP (Whois Data Reminder Policy).

Do not reply to this message.

---------my domain's whois information-------

If any of the information above is inaccurate, you must correct it by visiting our website at www.----.com. (If your review indicates that all of the information above is accurate, you do not need to take any action.) Please remember that under the terms of your registration agreement, the provision of false Whois information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration.

Is this a regular email from WDRP or do I have to worry about it? The line about cancellation of domain makes me worried.

I have domain privacy enabled for my domain name (so nobody can see my actual name, address or phone) , can it be a problem?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

I get them once a year. It is just to remind you to keep your contact information up to date. They are only going to cancel it if you are doing something fraudulent. Nothing to worry about.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

Thanks groovicus for clearing it up :thumbsup: I thought they sent me email for I was using the privacy on domain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users