Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't open any programs or windows and freezes all open ones. (HijackThis Log)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 rlynch1996

rlynch1996

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

I HAVE PIRATED BUT ACTIVATED VERSION OF WINDOWS 7! So recently I downloaded bioshock 2 from a less than legal site... I am not sure if this is the problem but it all started then. I ran the crack and nothing happened. It just kept doing that blue green circular "doing something" cursor. Then it wouldnt open up any windows or programs. There was no message displayed, it just didn't open anything. I restarted my computer and it seemed to work fine for about 5 minutes. I started to play modern warfare 2. When i opened it, it was very choppy, and it is not normal for it to be like this and it would not connect to IWNet. I quit, and the same thing happened, it would not open any windows or programs. I restarted again and scanned with AVG, which found no viruses. Then I scanned with Trend Micro Housecall and still no viruses. I uninstalled bioshock 2 and still nothing. The time between working and freezing is different every time and it doesn't seem to have any pattern. So here is my HijackThis Log:

I am not exactly sure what it all means but I could not find anything that looked suspicious or bad. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by garmanma, 14 February 2010 - 05:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:02 PM

I HAVE PIRATED BUT ACTIVATED VERSION OF WINDOWS 7!

According to the rules of the Bleeping Computer forum:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

This topic is closed
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users