Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan NewMalware.kd

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 smith5hcktc

smith5hcktc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:03 AM

Hi,

I subscribed to McAffe thinking that I would be protected against viruses since, after all, it is supposed to be an anti-virus program. Nevertheless, after it performed an automatic scan, 2 viruses were discovered and the action stated "termination failed." There was no option to even select the virus to be quarantined. The program will detect the viruses but will not allow any action to be taken. They are listed as "Trojan" with subtype "Heuristic," according to google. Under the McAffe scan window, they're type is "NewMalware.kd" They are supposedly new viruses, detected on 2/2/2010; I am not very skilled with this type of removal process which is why I purchased anti-virus software to begin with. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users