Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox will not 1 specific site

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aeternum

Aeternum

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:46 AM

I have a very odd problem with firefox 3.6. It works perfectly however it refuses to load 1 specific site: http://www.kirupa.com (flash tutorial/forum site) every other site works fine. Chrome & IE have no problems loading kirupa.

I already tried the following:
-Checked my computer with combofix, it came up with nothing as far as i could tell. (I don't have any other problems so i don't think it's a spyware problem)
-Run firefox in safe mode.
-Reinstalled firefox (inlcuding deleting all settings)

Here come's the odd thing: I created a new account on my windows XP and kirupa loads fine (but not on my main account). So if anyone has any brilliant ideas please let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

Maybe you have a corrupt Firefox profile. You may need to create a new profile. Do not delete old profile but uncheck Dont ask at startup and Exit.

How to manage profiles : http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles

#3 Aeternum

Aeternum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

Thank you, it works :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users