Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7/Firefox 3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:34 AM

Ever since i have had Windows 7 RC and now Home Premium there has been an annoyance that i can't get to the bottom of.
When i open Firefox from the task bar there is like a double flash as it opens, a bit like focusing a camera.This dosn't happen when i open Firefox from my desktop.
It also dosn't happen if i open IE from the task bar.Some other Browsers are also affected,some not
The problem seems to come and go.One Week it is OK the next the double flash returns.
I can get round the problem by having the Firefox icon on the desktop rather than on the task bar but i prefer to have the Firefox icon on the task bar.
If anybody has any thoughts.Please let me know.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:47 AM

Are you double-clicking the icon on the taskbar? Desktop icons require a double-click, but pinned taskbar items only require a single click. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

I do know that icons on the task bar only require one click.In fact all my icons are set to operate with just one click.
Thanks for your interest
What is peculiar about this is in all the time i was using W7 Beta there was no problem nor was there initially any problem with RC.It just arrived 3 Weeks before i installed Home Premium.
I had hoped that Home Premium would fix it but no it didn't.I have also tried earlier versions of Firefox but still the problem remains.
Also the fact that it comes and goes is mystifying.
No doubt in time i will find the problem by accident.In the meantime Firefox in on the desktop and IE on the taskbar
Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users