Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Could AI have an infection?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sparkyd

sparkyd

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:37 AM

Hello. I started having problems shortly after installing a driver for a wireless keyboard and mouse. I received the BSOD and restarted my computer in safe mode which it asked if I wanted to use system restore and I restored it to prior to installing the driver. I use both Internet Explorer and Firefox. I have a new flat screen tv and I wanted to try and see how it would do as a monitor, and it was after I hooked it to the tv when I clicked on anything in IE it opened a new window and it would flash between windows . I have not had any problems with using Firefox only when I open IE and try to click on anything another window opens up and it flashes between both window and will not let me do anything on either one.

This is what it says at the top of the other page: Internet Explorer Developer Tools and the in the page as follows: </--DOCTYPE html PUBLIC"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01/1 EN" "http://www/ on the second line is a square with a + then html class-"y-fp-bg-y-fp-pf-grad-ua-1es8-ua-win bkt810 jaenab. My operating system is Windows XP Pro Sp3.

I have already run MalwareBytes and Spyware Terminator and have come up with nothing but cookies. I have Super AntiSpyware but have not ran that yet. My anti-virus is the free Avira AntiVir and it did not find any thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Diana

Edited by sparkyd, 14 February 2010 - 04:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sparkyd

sparkyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:14 AM

I figured out what was going on with the page trying to open and flashing. My F12 key was stuck and that is the shortcut key for opening Developer Tools window. After I released the key from its stuck position it has been working fine.

Thanks for reading the post and sorry for any inconvenience.

Diana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users