Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird AVI problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 diomedesthegreat

diomedesthegreat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

Recently I have had one particular AVI file stop working. It basically no longer plays the audio or video of the original content and has taken over the audio files of several completely unrelated AVI files. When I went to open this file today, which has worked countless times, it no longer had any display or original audio but instead played non visual incomplete audio clips from much smaller AVI video files. The file lists it's original size and lists no errors, but everytime I click it, I get partial audio from family Christmas 2006 clips (stored in a completely different folder) without the video. I opened the files that the usurped audio was from and they still work fine. So basically, I have a feature length avi film that now does not play but instead plays incomplete audio from other video avi files on the same drive but not in the same folder. Oh, also when I open it in VLC or any other player it lists the amount of time played but does not list a complete time for the file (aka how long the file is in minutes). No other file on the computer seems adversly affected. I'm mystified.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users