Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection between Laptop and HDTV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jungian

jungian

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron Model E1505 Laptop which operates on Windows XP.

I would like to create a Wireless Laptop connection with my VIZIO Model VW47L HDTV.

Could somebody please tell me how to do this?

If you require further information please let me know.

Thank you

Jungian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

As far as I have been able to tell, the VW47L does not have network capability. What exactly are you trying to accomplish ? Are you just trying to get the laptop to display on the Vizio as if it were a big monitor ? Wirelessly ?

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

INPUTS:
Video inputs (rear):
Antenna / RF, Component (2 inputs), HDMI (3 inputs), RCA / composite (1 inputs), VGA (1 inputs)

Those are the only inputs listed. With a VGA cable you should be able to use the VIZIO as a second monitor. But not wireless.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 jungian

jungian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:41 AM

Thank you for your replies.

I had hoped to connect my laptop wirelessly to my Vizio HDTV.

Can I connect my laptop to my Vizio HDTV with a VGA Cable?

~Jungian

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:21 AM

If your laptop has a VGA port on the back, most do, then yes. Right click on the desktop click properties. In there somewhere will be a way to switch the output to that VGA port.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 eladg

eladg

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

tv's don't have wireless capabilities at least not yet. But you would need a VGA cable and determine whether your laptop has a connection for VGA. pretty much what cavedweller said.

#7 Orecomm

Orecomm

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

There are wireless USB to VGA and VGA to VGA adapters out there, from IOGEAR among others, but I wouldn't plan on using the USB type for heavy gaming. If it's something more casual you could connect the VGA end to your VIZIO and plug the USB end into your laptop for a remote wireless screen. These cost about $125 and up, Google Wireless VGA to find them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users