Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010 - BSOD restart loop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 javaman12

javaman12

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

Hi all,

Yesterday my PC got infected with the Internet Security 2010 malware bug. I google'd a solution, and downloaded MalwareBytes to find and delete all instances of it. After that, like in many cases, I've been unable to boot into Windows XP Pro. I'd see the loading splash screen for a few seconds, then a blue screen would flash and it would reboot.

First I tried using the XP Recovery Console, but I didn't have any luck with that. Then I looked this problem up on these forums, and I followed the steps at http://saveme.danfischbach.com/ but it still didn't let me log into Windows after it finished. I also tried using a BART PE boot disc, and I assumed the problem had to do with modifying the value in the registry of Userinit to
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe. I modified that entry in BART PE as well, but I still can't boot. Now I'm all out of ideas :thumbsup:

System specs:
ASUS MAXIMUS III Formula
Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
Windows XP Pro

Anyone have any other ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users