Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Infection: Windows acting weird constantly after a while

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 exm

exm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hi,

Let me start off by saying that I work in IT so hopefully I do know what I'm doing. :thumbsup: Since a few days my computer is acting strange (and it might be after I downloaded and installed the legitimate (?) hxxp://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/988413?highlight_key=y&keyword1=keylogger What's happening is that my computer boots fine (although slow as usual) and then after maybe 30 minutes to an hour orso starts slowing down to a point where I receive error messages like 'iTunes can't write file', iTunes (or any open application) window itself turns blank, icons disappear, when I click Start nothing happens, etc. I do have my Task Manager open and I don't see anything unusual (high CPU / Mem or VM usage) so I suspect an infection of some sort. Usually this behavior is normal when a computer runs out of memory (from my experience) but I really don't see why/how.

My machine is running Windows XP Home SP3 with ENOD32 Antivirus software. I've tried to run both the virus scanner as well as combofix, but it won't finish because my computer locks up with the behavior listed above. I did manage to run both in Safe Mode (I actually ran Combofix a few weeks to a month ago and its log files and quarantine folder are still on my computer). So besides a re-install, what options do I have?

Please let me know if you require any further information or log files. I am also not sure if I need to post this in the 'Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs' forum, but I'm sure you can move this thread if needed.

Thanks so much for your help

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 February 2010 - 03:44 PM.
Deactivate link. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users