Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot update any anti spyware program or visit their webpages

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 derpyderp

derpyderp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

So the basis of my problem is that none of my antispyware programs (Ad-aware, Spybot, Superanti spyware) will connect when i choose to update them. Whats also strange is that when i try to visit their homepages, such as http://www.safer-networking.org/ for Spybot, it will say server not found. I tried downloading Malware bytes, but their website is also being blocked from my access. I have also did a scan with spybot and superantispyware with their old definitions ( 11/09) and the only thing they returned were some tracking cookies.

Now heres where i come to believe im infected with something. Every time i restart my computer Sygate firewall tells me that is exe. called lvkusftay.exe is trying to connect to some website called soft-metal-group. Apparently its trying to install some bogus antivirus program.

Im currently running Windows Xp with SP3. If you guys have any idea on whats up or need any more info feel free to ask me.

*EDIT* I have also noticed that my clock has changed from normal time to military time.

Edited by derpyderp, 13 February 2010 - 01:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users