Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I AM INFECTED - REALLY, REALLY BADLY

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xina15

xina15

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:01 AM

I am absolutely desperate. I have been trying to get rid of this thing for 2 weeks but as I am not the most literate of users I am absolutely stuck now......
I have read as many of the posts as I could but none that Ive read seem to have the same problem.....

When I got the virus initially I downloaded rkill as suggested, ran that & then Malware Bytes and thought that I had it licked, within minutes of restarting it all came back ....I was, and still am, unable to run task manager, rkill ot hijack this to stop the processes so that I can open any other program to try & kill it.I then tried the safe mode start up, again as suggested, this was also blocked, all the other options were totally unknown to me so I didnt dare do any of those. the internet does not work on the infected computer so I downloaded rkill to a cd, as suggested, but it wont let it run....

I really dont know that much about computers, I am a 'mature-aged-user' and dont really understand too much about the registry or many of the other things you all talk about so fluently, I live way out in the bush so getting technical help to come out here is not really an option for me, I am borrowing this laptop at a friends house where I am staying temporarily with my grandchildren so that they can at least get some of their homework done.....I would appreciate ANY help and advice from you knowledgeable people out there -

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help, I really am most grateful for your time and trouble

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users