Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCMService

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Franja

Franja

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:48 AM

All of a sudden a pop up is appearing on my PC about PCMService.exe, entry point not found, Power Read AC Value, library PCWRPROF.dll. I suppose is some kind of corruption in the Registry.

Do you know how would I can correct it? I tried a software from Uniblue, but apparently the file was also loaded corrupted or doesn't work.

Before I try again with that tool, is there anyother that can help me?

Thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannydee

dannydee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

I take it you have an Acer or a Dell PC? If memory serves me correct this is a process relating to ACER Arcade or DELL Media Experience

CyberLink's PowerCinema Resident Program startup task found on many laptops (Acer, Dell) where the manufacturer's own Multimedia Player & Organizer (called Arcade on Acer laptops, Media Experience on Dell laptops, etc..) was developed by CyberLink based on CyberLink's PowerCinema software (CyberLink are also the makers of PowerDVD). At the time of writing, 5-Nov-2005, we have no idea as to what the purpose of this task is. What we do know, however, is that on both Acer and Dell laptops disabling this task on the Startups tab does not prevent the Multimedia Player from functioning properly. This is good news because, in our experience, when this task is left enabled it has a history on some laptops of either preventing the screensaver from kicking in, or preventing the laptop from entering standby/hibernation/sleep-mode.

DISABLE this only DONT delete you may have a need for it one day for some obscure task!!!!

#3 Franja

Franja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Thank you Dannydee for your response. Yes I have a Dell Notebook Inspiron 1720.

Now, how can I DISABLE and what task. I know is a stupid question but I'm not an expert on computers.

Thanks again

#4 Franja

Franja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

I found out how to disable CyberLink's Power Cinema thru msconfig.

Seems that the pop up is gone.

Thanks Dannydee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users