Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two iPhones, two accounts, one computer and one problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 denny8569

denny8569

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

Hey there,
I have an iPhone 3GS and my brother has a iPhone 3G. We, both have two different itunes-accounts. If i sync my iPhone with iTunes it only transfer my apps i bought, but not the apps of my brother.

I have read somewhere that it is possible(with jailbreak?) to tranfer also the data of my brother with two accounts.

Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

ive always heard its not possible to transfer paid apps from phone to phone using itunes. as soon as you plug your phone in it recognizes your account, and you cant pull up someone elses account while your phone is plugged in.

#3 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:07 AM

the whole point of iTunes accounts and licensed devices (for Apple at least) is that you CANNOT share purchases, that makes every user have to buy the apps/songs/videos themselves.

In the case of a Jailbreak or alternate firmware install I am not sure you would be able to even transfer your paid apps. The DRM you are trying to break is tied to iTunes on the PC as well as the iPhone, so while you may have the ability to jailbreak the phone and run non-approved it apps, there is no gurantee that iTunes on your computer will ever let you transfer the apps normally as you can right now.

What you would need to do is to crack the DRM on the app so it can be run by anyone and is freed from its chains the iTunes app store.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users