Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

filezilla problems!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kitkin15

kitkin15

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

ok, i have awebsite where i offer free legal and safe programs. well i use filezilla, and right now im uploading around 12 new programs. the programs will start at 0%, than go up, when they get to 100% filezilla will start to download them agin.....i dont understand why. i am going to look through the setings now, but i dont think ill be able to fix it...im not all that great with filezilla yet...
Fix everything, if nothing is left to fix than break something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

That happens when you click the refresh button (button with two arrows - one to left and other to right). The files on remote ftp server and your hard disk are synchronized. Instead, just drag and drop files onto your FTP folder or, right click on a file and select Upload.

Edited by Romeo29, 13 February 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#3 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

i do drag and drop, i didntkn ow there was another way lol.

ok im trying to get a portable program in portable apps folder, lets call the program "portable.rar"

i drag portable.rar to the portable apps folder, than i wait, in about 3 minutes or maybe longer (depending on whos house im in, and what internet im using) and it will go to 100%, than it says in the command box that it has been accepted, than it starts the upload all over agin....

i think that MAYBE i clicked something a while ago, and it uploads multipul times. i went to the "settings" tab, and went to "file exists" and it is set to ask me first for both of them. so im not sure about that.

this wont happen with any of my ".php"

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

May be you are uploading a file type which is not allowed on the web server. This is specially true if you are using a free web server. Check the terms and conditions of your web host.

#5 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

yes i have done that, they wont allow ".exe" and thats it. that couldnt be the problem, i can upload a ".exe" program, but no one can download it. itll say the link is broken.

i have at least 50 programs, and at least 50 portable apps on my website, all of them were put up the same way.

im going to uninstall filezilla, and use my portable version. if my portable version works than ill reinstall filezilla

#6 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

nope, i tried the portable filezilla, and it didnt work.

i thought that maybe it was because of the new update i got last week, and i have not been able to update my flashdrive at all in the past...3 months...but im going to try a fresh install of filezilla and see if that works....ill post if it does or not

#7 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

that didnt work eaither, im going to try something else in a bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users